The ability to block a phone number on your iPhone can be useful if you are receiving calls from contact or a number that won’t stop trying to reach you. If you accidentally blocked a contact without meaning to, you may need to know how to unblock them.
I enjoy using the call blocking feature on the iPhone. Over the past few months, I’ve received an astronomical number of spam and telemarketing calls, so the ability to block a number from my phone easily has been a real lifesaver.
My call blocking can occasionally be overly liberal, and I accidentally block a telephone number that I didn’t intend at all. Fortunately, it’s pretty easy to re-enable a blocked number on an iPhone 7.
How to Unblock a Number on iPhone 7
- Go to Settings.
- Select a phone.
- Choose Blocked Contacts.
- Unblock the blocked number.
- Edit the text.
- Touch the red circle next to the number.
- Tap Unblock.
Our article continues below with additional information on how to unblock a number on an iPhone 7, including information on how to perform these actions in older versions of iOS as well.
Unblocking a Contact on an iPhone 7 in Earlier iOS Versions (Guide with Pictures)
Throughout this guide, we used an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 10.3.1. It doesn’t matter which app, message, or feature you used to block the number or contact from your iPhone, these steps apply. Following this step, you will be able to receive calls, text messages, and FaceTimes from the previously blocked number.
Step 1: Open the Settings app.
Step 2: Scroll down and select the Phone app.
Step 3: Select the Call Blocking & Identification option.
Step 4: Touch the Edit button at the top-right corner of the screen.
Step 5: Tap the red circle to the left of the phone number that you want to unblock.
Step 6: Touch the red Unblock button.
When you have finished unblocking numbers, tap the Done button at the top-right corner of the screen.
More Information on How to Block a Number or Unblock a Number on an iPhone
- Through the Phone app, you can quickly block a number, even if the person is not a contact. Then scroll down the page and tap the Block this Caller button.
- The blocked caller list could only be accessed in older iOS versions by tapping Call Blocking & Identification. There is still an option for blocking contacts in older versions of iOS, which has been replaced by a “Blocked Contacts” list. As well as enabling or disabling call identification apps such as RoboKiller, it can now Silence Junk Callers.
- The Contacts tab at the bottom of the Phone app is also helpful when you want to unblock a blocked caller who’s associated with a contact. You can unblock their contact card by clicking a small button at the bottom. You will be able to receive calls and texts from that person again after unblocking this caller.
- Through the Messages app, you can also block this caller. To block this caller, select Block this Caller from the Info button within the message conversation.
What is the reason for your battery icon changing color from time to time? Check out these tips and tricks for keeping your iPhone’s yellow battery enabled all the time.